I'm Elijah Amitin. I'm a recording artist, songwriter, music and audio producer. Aside from songwriting, my special interest is in editing and mixing audio with a naturalistic, analog aesthetic. Here's a collection of projects I've had the opportunity to work on.

Music in Film


THE ORCHARD

The Orchard (2012) is a short film written and directed by Laura Graham. I was immediately intrigued with its themes of desire and brutality.

Animals We Act Like was an acoustic song I had kicking around a little while. It seemed to really fit the sentiments of The Orchard. The lyrics explore themes of empathy, evolution, and the often primitive nature of human relationships. Laura was really excited by the song and ended up using an instrumental version in the middle, and the full vocal version for the final credits of the film.






THE HUNGRY GHOSTS

The Hungry Ghosts, (2009) Written and directed by Michael Imperioli.

Michael asked me to contribute some music to his movie back in 2008 when he was just writing the script. He was interested in sparse piano and vocal arrangements, inspired by John Cassavetes' films like A Woman Under The Influence. I watched the shooting of the film on set, and sat with a piano at home with working versions of the movie as it developed.

I ended up contributing 4 piano based songs and 2 songs I had previously recorded at home on tape. Michael used them all throughout the movie and for the end credits.